Pinterest for authors and bloggers
I had the pleasure of being the guest on #PinChat to talk Pinterest for authors and bloggers with Kelly Lieberman, the online expert on Pinterest. I have a section in APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur — How to Publish a Book, called How to Pin your Way to Success — An Author’s Guide to Pinterest in which I discuss how and why authors can use Pinterest.
When you’re working on the Entrepreneur part of your book process or just trying to get the word out about your blog, Pinterest is a great way to connect with readers. Pinterest takes less time than the other high traffic referrers, Facebook, Twitter and Google+, but can bring awareness and traffic to your site.
Some Pinterest basics:
1. Build a foundation for your platform by creating a good profile with your avatar.
2. Create your Pinterest account in your name and add boards for your book and/or website.
3. Let Pinterest showcase the special things about you. Your readers will love to learn about the person behind the writing.
4. Write original descriptions when you re-pin things to your board to put your own stamp of creativity.
5. Create at least ten unique boards with your own original names and themes.
If you’re looking for some Pinterest resources, I’ve created a Pinterest board called All Things Pinterest to help you out and:
Here is a Storify summary of the chat with Kelly and #PinChat. Kelly and the group in the chat asked great questions.
Photo courtesy of clasesdeperiodismo via Creative Commons.